We’re excited to announce that FREESKIER is on the hunt for a motivated, gifted particular person to affix the editorial workforce—and we’re filling the place ASAP. Right here’s your likelihood to attain a dream job at a rising firm within the best trade on the earth: snowboarding.
Editorial place obtainable
FREESKIER is on the lookout for an Assistant Editor to assist bolster its print publications, web site, e-newsletter, social media and customized platforms. As a member of the edit workforce, you can be liable for producing/enhancing content material for the journal; championing improvement of, and posting content material to the model’s web site; helping with manufacturing of weekly e-newsletters; working alongside the editorial workforce to develop and strengthen FREESKIER’s voice throughout all platforms (on-line, social and print); and dealing with our gross sales & advertising and marketing workforce to develop customized tasks for shoppers.
We’re on the lookout for a wise, hungry, nerdy skiing-enthusiast to affix our workforce. For those who’re obsessive about the media realm and end up to be supremely in-tune with the world of freeskiing, we need to hear from you.
Job duties embrace…
- Put up common articles to freeskier.com: gear opinions & roundups, information, profiles, vacation spot items, movies, and many others.
- Write and edit copy for FREESKIER journal
- Help in managing workflow for contributing (non-staff) writers & photographers, and many others.
- Assist to provide the weekly e-newsletters; work with gross sales & advertising and marketing workforce to execute customized publication content material & promotions
- Analyzing web site visitors, social statistics, e-newsletter information and different digital properties to optimize channels for engagement/visitors. Reporting digital analytics, web site updates and digital developments to Digital Media Director, Editor-In-Chief and workers on a daily schedule
- Work hand-in-hand with editorial workers to make sure clean content material movement by way of social media platforms together with Fb, Twitter, Instagram, and many others.
- Help the editorial workers in different web-related duties
- Journey to cowl commerce reveals, ski exams, competitions, locations, and many others.
- Work with our gross sales workforce to develop customized tasks
- Should have a ardour for snowboarding and deep data of the game
- Have to be a powerful author, with a confirmed background or formal coaching in writing (clips required)
- Should have expertise creating and enhancing high-quality written supplies
- Should have wonderful verbal and written communication abilities
- Should have confirmed potential to develop inventive, strategic digital options
- Should have expertise conducting interviews—in-person and over-the-phone—for inclusion in content material.
- Have to be in-tune with digital initiatives of each endemic and non-endemic media and types
- Should have expertise with WordPress or related content material administration system
- Should have primary understanding of HTML
- Should have expertise with the skilled use of digital & social media channels
- Should have expertise with Photoshop or different graphics suite; potential to design & create primary graphics
- Have to be supremely organized
- Should need to work with a devoted workforce in a fast-paced setting
- Should have sturdy consideration to element, with the power to deal with a number of tasks concurrently
- Have to be self-motivated and versatile, with cautious consideration to element in addition to sensitivity to planning, deadlines and altering calls for
Good to have:
- Journalism background
- Images/filming/enhancing expertise
- PhD in neuro-science
- Commensurate with expertise; wage ranges obtainable spanning entry-level as much as 2-4 years of expertise
- Hours: 40+ hours per week, full-time
- Location: Storm Mountain Publishing workplace, simply exterior of Boulder, CO
Find out how to apply:
E-mail your resume, cowl letter, clips and reply to the next inquiries to [email protected]. Make sure you put the phrases “Edit Workforce” someplace within the topic line of your e-mail. Please, no cellphone calls. We’ll comply with up with you individually through e-mail.
Questions (to show you’re not a robotic):
- Title three athletes on the Faction workforce.
- Title the 4 mountains that comprise Aspen Snowmass.
- Title the important instruments (a minimal of three) for protected backcountry journey and snowboarding.
FREESKIER was based in 1997 by skiers who acknowledged that snowboarding was about to embark on a radical evolution and wanted a brand new technology of media to inform that story. As we speak, FREESKIER shouldn’t be solely a frontrunner in ski print media, but additionally within the digital realm. FREESKIER’s web site and social media initiatives lead the trade in engagement, participation and content material dissemination. We’re situated simply exterior of Boulder, Colorado.